Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 64 of 365 Days of Thanks

Today I got to take my friend out to lunch for her birthday. Even though her birthday was in January, it was nice that we were both finally able to carve out time to celebrate her. We went to this little Mexican restaurant in the next big town over. It was so yummy and we had a great time talking and catching up. Now mind you, this is the same friend that I work for as her care taker, but this was just a day that we could spend visiting. I am thankful that we were able to celebrate her - I am so glad we moved here to be closer to her through all of her health and medical issues. I am thankful that the doctor, who told her that she only had a year left to live, was wrong in 2008. I am thankful that we have had this time to share together, laugh, remember the good ol' days, and to talk about what the future might hold. I don't know what God has in store for her and her health, but I am glad that I am a part of her life again. Thank you Lord for the many blessings you give her everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...