Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 65 of 365 Days of Thanks

Tomorrow they are predicting that we are going to get slammed with a huge snow storm. So everyone is bunkering down and getting ready. We went to one of the grocery stores in Sydney (just to get normal stuff) and people everywhere were stocking up and talking about how we are all going to get snowed in. Things were being canceled, schools were calling it a snow day, etc. And the funny thing is that it's not even snowing yet :) But on a side note, I think it is always good to be prepared than not to prepare at all. So today I am thankful that since moving here, we are prepared for a lot of things (except maybe a Zombie attack). We have stocked up, planned ahead, and have even merged forces with friends in the off chance that any of us need help. And I have to give all the credit to my husband. I guess it's the military training from when he was in the Marines, or because he lived through one of the biggest earthquakes in California history. But I am blessed. Even though some days I am pretty naive about things and think - oh we will never need this stuff. But when it comes right down to it, I am so thankful that God has given him the wisdom and the ability to prepare for anything - and that his goal is to make sure me and our furkids our safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...