Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 8 of 365 Days of Thanks


Every day I am thankful for my family! How they encourage me, love me, for the advice they give, their prayers, their smiles, their support, and the list goes on. There are so many of my friends that have problems with their in-laws, or even their own parents. I have truly been blessed to have wonderful parents and wonderful in-laws! Yes, there are times when we don't all get along, but it never changes the love that we have for each other. Life is hard, marriage is too, I don't know how other couples do it with out their families support, prayers and encouragment.

This last summer my hubby's mom and step-dad came to visit. We had so much fun cooking, bird watching, watching movies, and just hanging out. I even got to make granola with my mother-in-law.

My parents live a bit closer than my in-laws. So we get to see them more frequent. Me and my mom usually go out shopping and spend the day gabbing away. My hubby and my dad usually go see a movie or do "manly" stuff (like building things) :)

My hubby's dad and step-mom live in California. We have so much fun hanging out with them on their ranch. We ride horses, 4-wheelers, play with the dogs, and can't forget the most important thing of all...they take me to Trader Joes!!! Where I could spend hours if they'd let me :)

Then there is all of our extended family. Gosh, I could write a whole novel on all the things I love about each and every one of them. But instead, I will leave you with this quote that sums it all up...

“No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...