Friday, October 22, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes & Bananas


Oh how I love bananas! They are good for you, usually inexpensive, and when they "go bad" you can make them into Banana Bread and all sorts of fun baked goods! Well this morning I put them on top of my Whole Wheat Pancakes! I used the recipe I had for my Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes and made a couple of changes. I used 2 tbsp of whole flax seed (blended in with the kernels) instead of the oil and I added 1 tsp of almond extract (in addition to the 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract). They turned out SO yummy! I also got to use my new pan that my mother-in-law sent me. She had an extra All-Clad Square Grill pan and since she knew how much I liked to cook - she sent her extra one to me! (Thanks mom!) It has ridges in it for grilling - but I couldn't wait to try it out so I made my pancakes on it this morning! I am in LOVE! Didn't even need oil for the pan. Plus my pancakes came out with fun little ridges in them!

1 comment:

  1. Way too Yummy! And just think new look for pancakes without even trying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...