Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baked Potato Bread


Time for another bread recipe. This morning I had left over mashed potatoes from our BBQ last night. I remembered seeing a Baked Potato Bread recipe on the website "The Fresh Loaf" that I wanted to try.

I got all of my ingredients out and since I only wanted to make 1 loaf instead of 2 I cut the recipe in half. Put all of the ingredients in my bread maker on dough cycle, watched it and made adjustments as necessary for correct consistency of dough and then once it had kneeded for about 10 minutes I removed it from the bucket and placed in a well oiled bowl and covered with cling wrap. Let rise for 90 minutes (it doubled in size).

Then took out a clean towel (that I only use for bread dough) lightly floured it and placed the formed dough in the middle. Created a type of sling and hung it from the cabinet knob. This allowed the air to circulate around the dough slightly so it holds it shape better while baking. I left it there for 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes, I preheated the oven to 425 degrees. Once the remainder of the time was up I took towel down, placed the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and marked a "V" at the top. Put in the oven for 5 minutes at 425 degrees and then turned it down to 350 for the remaining 30 minutes.

The house smells amazing right now! Mashed potatoes with Bacon, Chives, Rosemary & Garlic - and it's all combined in this wonderful bread!

Download original recipe (without my changes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...