Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 84 of 365 Days of Thanks

Today I am thankful for Comfort Foods. Since I started changing my food intake to mostly healthy homemade and limiting (and for the most part eliminating) unhealthy processed foods, I realized that I gave up my "normal" comfort foods. Ones that were rich in calories, high in fat, and for the most part made me feel over-stuffed after eating them. But they sure tasted good while eating. Tonight I made a soup that I would consider "comfort food" but of the healthy variety. I love chowders, but they are so full of unwanted calories and heavy fluffs that I can't bring myself to eat them anymore. Then I came across a recipe for Tilapia Corn Chowder, I was intrigued! So I made sure to put it on my shopping list.

Tonight I made that soup. Oh my goodness! This is definitely going on my new "Healthy Comfort Foods" list. So creamy, so good for you, and boy it sure does comfort - especially on cold winter nights like tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...