Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 75 of 365 Days of Thanks

"And He took bread, gave thanks and broke [it], and gave [it] to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." Likewise He also [took] the cup after supper, saying, "This cup [is] the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you."  Luke 22:19-20

I am thankful for communion. Today we had communion at church. I haven't partaken in quite some time only because I do not feel I should take part if I don't feel I am right in my relationship with Christ. I do not take communion lightly, nor do I feel it should be taken on a whim or because everyone else is doing it. I am always thankful for the sacrifice Christ made for me (and for you). In the last few months, I have felt God pulling me closer to Him. Helping me understand things that I have been struggling with, answering questions that I have been needing answers for, and holding me tight in His arms. There are many things that I struggle with and He knows every single one of them and loves me despite all of it. Today's communion meant a great deal to me and in my relationship with Christ. I don't know if I have the words that will explain the depths of my feelings, so I won't even try to explain what I feel in my heart. Today, for me, was about knowing that He is there for me, even in my darkest hours. The peace of knowing that He will never leave me nor foresake me is more than enough comfort to get me through. I am thankful for this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...