Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Celebration - Mexican Food Style

Last week was my friends birthday so we had a party last night! She wanted to have a taco bar. That was music to my ears! I love making taco bars, and all the other food I think it should go with! :) The night before I started making the list of recipes that I wanted to make - boy the list was getting long - so I had to divide it into two lists. One that was titled "Need to Make" and the other "If I have time". So yesterday morning I set out to get it all done. The menu was as follows...

  - Spicy Beef Chimichungas (baked not fried)
  - Homemade Salsa & Guacamole
  - Mini Tortilla Quiches
  - Taco meat and the fixin's
  - And for dessert, Homemade Sticky Buns

There were a couple of desserts and appetizers on my "If I have time" list, but those will have to wait for the next Mexican food night.

The night was fantastic! A couple of my friends brought over fresh ground beef the night before, others brought chips and dip, cheese, hot sauce and more! So once we got ready to sit down and eat, our eyes were much bigger than our stomachs! I mean, we all gave it the "good ol' college try" but there was still food left over. (yay for leftovers!)

We sat around and talked, the kids (and some adults) played the Wii, some of us kept eating, the night was perfect! Until I got to bed that evening and remembered that I didn't give my friend her birthday present. oops! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...