Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pizza Cupcakes

Oh how my hubby loves pizza! In our small town, we really don't have a pizza place - so if we want pizza we have to go to Sidney (30 miles away) to Pizza Hut. Or we buy it frozen. So I was determined to make it ourselves. I first tried the Pillsbury dough in a can stuff - it was ok, but not great. So I gave up for awhile.

Then a couple of weeks ago my new "America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook" arrived in the mail. I went straight for the pizza section. Since I have been learning how to make bread, I thought - maybe I should make our dough and try pizza that way! The recipe was simple - I even got to use my Whole Wheat Flour. Although since I had a busy schedule yesterday when I wanted to make the pizza, I decided to "cheat" and put all of the ingredients in my Bread Machine and put it on "dough cycle". With a few adjustments, the dough turned out perfect!

I put the dough in the fridge for the next day...today! I pulled the dough out, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes while the oven heated up to 450 degrees. I decided to make pizza cupcakes - took out my cupcake pan, rolled out my dough and placed 6" rounds (well squares) into each tin. Then I spooned in a little marinara sauce and placed in the oven for 5 minutes while I got the rest of my toppings ready.

I made a wide variety for me and one kind for my hubby. He is a meat guy, so his had dough, sauce, meat (cooked), and cheese. I like a lot of variety, so mine had - dough, sauce, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chives, and cheese. Once they were all filled and covered in cheese (mozzarella), I placed them in the oven for 10 minutes. I could smell them all the way upstairs while they were cooking! YUMMY!

Hope you enjoy!

Here's the recipe for your bread machine:

1 1/4 cup bread flour (i used all-purpose)
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp of instant or rapid-rise yeast
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees)

Place all of these ingredients in your bread machine and place on dough cycle. From beginning to end on my bread machine it takes about and hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...