Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Keeping in Touch

I have to admit, I am really bad at writing people back. Even when it is as quick as an email. But...I do strive to do better.

There is something about breaking open a box of stationary, sitting down with my favorite pen and writing a letter - snail mail style - that just makes me feel right at home. I love putting pen to paper. Knowing that I should do it more, and trying not to let that guilt discourage me from doing it right then. I start thinking of all the people I should write a letter to... then I get overwhelmed, close the box and go do something else.

So now I make a list of people that I would love to write a letter to, keep it with my stationary and favorite pen, so when I have a moment, I pick a name off the list and send a card, note or letter. Doesn't have to be long, sometimes a quick note telling them that you are thinking about them can make them smile!

Last year I found these super cute housewife postcards at a local thrift store. I really want to use them, but then at the same time I don't want to use them all up. I know...weird and sentimental...but that's how I am.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do:

Here is the back of the postcards:
And the vintage box it came in:
I hope these super cute postcards inspire you to drop a note to someone you have been thinking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...