Thursday, August 13, 2009

My first homemade pie

Today I went to a friends house to bake my first pie. Blueberry Rhubarb with homemade crust. The rhubarb was from her garden, what a treat!

Making the dough wasn't as difficult as I had always thought it would be. As we combined the ingredients for the filling, I was overwhelmed by how fragrant the two fruits together were. The aroma in the kitchen was so yummy that it was hard to wait until we baked it to eat it.

The blueberries were so fresh and the colors of those two fruits together were amazing. I was having so much fun! I had no idea that baking a pie could be so much fun!

We covered the top with more dough and decorated it a little. I couldn't wait for it to be done! This is a picture of my friend putting it in the oven. Now to wait....wait for it to cook and then wait for it to cool! The waiting is agonizing! The fragrance in the kitchen was making my mouth water!

Ding!!! Music to my ears! It's done!! Well its done cooking anyways! Now to cool! Waiting, waiting and more ....

Screw the waiting! Let's dig in!! Oh it was so yummy! The guys came home from work and we had to share.

So now I know how to bake a pie. Hopefully I won't be so scared of making one in the future! Happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...