Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Book Binding

For many years I have wanted to learn how to make journals with book binding techniques. Not to go into business doing it, but just as a fun hobby. So this year with the help of YouTube, I learned how to make journals using the coptic binding and also ones using leather (or vinyl in my case) as a cover. I am sure that there are plenty more techniques out there and I plan to try to learn them all. For Christmas this year, I wanted to make my dear friend a book that she could write her stories and ideas in. I have to admit that I am a bit of a perfectionist, especially when it comes to making things for others. So it took me a couple of days. But I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I started out using this awesome green vinyl that I had bought prior in the year. I matched it with a cute fabric that I bought on Etsy and the ideas just started flowing! I made a place on the right for her to keep her pencils in and used a piece of left over vinyl as the strap to keep it closed. It was a process, but I enjoyed every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...