Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 87 of 365 Days of Thanks

Today is a hard day for me. Today is my brother's birthday. Almost 6 years ago, my brother decided that our family wasn't important to him anymore. I am not going to go into the rigormoratis of what happened, but let's just say, it was not good, nor was it pretty.

I miss my brother. Growing up we were best-friends. He was my older brother, the one that I looked up to, the one that told me that he would "ruin a guy financially" if a boyfriend ever hurt me. Yes, I did not have the huge brother that every guy was scared of (that was my dad), he was the guy that was a financial genius, a stock broker when he got older, and just all around smart. But he was my brother. And I miss the old him dearly. I miss the fact that I don't even know what is going on in his life or the lives of my nieces and nephews. I pray that he is doing well, and that one day he will reconnect with our family. So here's to you, Mike... Happy Birthday! I hope you have a birthday filled with lots of love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...