Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 69 of 365 Days of Thanks

Recently there was a McDonald's commercial on the radio that offended a bunch of us pit bull owners. It asked the question - What is safer? Eating their new chicken strips or petting a stray pit bull... - well I have to say, being a pit bull owner for the last 13 years I would have to say that eating anything McDonald's is way riskier. I know that I am biased, and petting any stray dog (no matter what the breed) can be risky. But to single out one of the most loving dogs that I have ever known is CRAP! *Stepping off soap box*

Today I am thankful that there are so many people out there that love these cutie pies. So many pit bull owners stood up and defended their pups, that McDonald's retracted their ad and issued an apology. I know these pups have a bad rap, and before I met Sheba (our first pittie, who passed away at the age of 16) I probably would have believed the media hype as well. What made the difference in my thoughts was getting to know one, educating myself about the breed, knowing that any dog (no matter the breed) can be dangerous. From as little as a Chihuahua to as big as a Great Dane (or bigger). I love my baby - and I mean baby! Our pittie (even though his correct breed is an American Staffordshire Terrier) is a big baby, he loves to cuddle, his best friend is our 1-year-old kitten, and the puppy-sad-eyes he gives when he is begging just makes you want to laugh. I am glad I didn't believe the hype. I am thankful that I have had the honor of having Petey & Sheba. My life would not be the same without those two!

Watch this amazing tribute to rescued pitties everywhere!

America's Bark Off to McDonald's from BADRAP.org on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...