Thursday, January 26, 2012

Conscious Box - Renew Your Intentions

Looking for that unique gift for the organic / nature lover in your family? Want to be "in the know" for new products that come out for the health conscious? Well look no further than the Conscious Box! For only $12 a month (plus shipping), this monthly subscription is filled with amazing products that are good for you and tasty too! I just got mine the other day and I couldn't wait to open it!

This months theme is Renew Your Intentions. What a great way to start the new year! I was impressed with how many items they fit in the box, and almost all of the items came with a coupon or discount code so you can enjoy more of their product at a reduced rate.
Items in the box...
HEALTH & WELLNESS
CleanWell Hand Sanitizer – this product, I think I am in love with! It is alcohol free, smells nice and easy to carry in my purse!
Golden Earth Chakra Wellness Oil – I got the one labeled "self-esteem" in my box. I feel it necessary to point out that I do not believe in Oils having "powers". I think the scent is lovely and invigorating, and wouldn't mind wearing it as a fragrance. I was not familiar with this product - so I looked it up online and here is what I found... "spiritual characteristics: self esteem, self trust, confidence, personal power and forgiveness; chakra in balance: trust ourselves and the word around us, feel taken care of, confident, forgiveness of ourselves and others, going with the flow.; chakra out of balance: anxiety, lack of trust, emotional instability and control issues, shame and an emphasis on the material world to help us feel better." Ingredients are: organic jojoba, neroli essential oil blend, passion fruit oil, citrine crystal infusion.
Eco-Dent Tooth Powder -  I have not tried this one yet, waiting until after my dentist appointment this week (eek), but I am very eager to try it, since I sometimes forgetful and my toothbrush gets left at home on trips, (and I end up buying a new one) this will be great to have in my purse or in my away bag! And then it also came with Eco-Dent gum, I am a big gum user! Always have it with me, I really enjoyed the flavor of this one, it is simple and refreshing.
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil and Magnesium Gel – this product I was very unfamiliar with. So I must admit I did a little bit of research on it before trying it. I found that Magnesium is known to reduce muscle tension, lessen pain associated with migraine headaches, improve sleep, and address neurological disorders such as anxiety and depression. The website had a lot of information on their products and also a great list of foods that contain magnesium as well, which are green vegetables, whole grain cereals, nuts and beans, and seafood.
Jo-Sha Tangerine Wipe – as soon as I opened this I was eager to use it. The scent was very clean and refreshing! I look forward to this summer's camping trips, as i think this would be a great product to freshin up with.
ITEMS TO COOK WITH
Parma Vegan Parmesan – I am a pretty big cheese fan, so i was a little skeptical at first. But when I tasted it after putting it on some whole wheat pasta, I was pretty impressed to say the least. It was full of flavor and you can't beat the ingredients! Raw organic walnuts, nutritional yeast, organic pumpkin seeds, organic sunflower seeds, kelp, organic garlic, organic hemp seeds, organic sesame seeds, Himalayan crystal salt, and organic herbs. It's power packed with a protein punch! I look forward to getting more of this to keep on hand.
Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil – Organic, cold processed, and fair trade. I love cooking and I am very conscious about what goes into my foods and what I cook with. I normally use EVOO, so I can't wait to try the coconut oil. I will update as soon as I try it. :)
SNACKS 
My #1 downfall :) so it was great to see so many snacks that are healthy, low in sugar, made with raw products and not filled with questionable fillers. I do not have any allergies to gluten or dairy, but I do have issues with processed sugars, so it was nice to see some of the snacks have a lower sugar content.

Raw Rev 100 Spirulina & Cashew 100 Calorie Organic Live Food Bar –Even though this one had a little bit of sugar in it I really wanted to taste it. I really like the ingredients and I would eat it again, if I could find one with less sugar, because I am very fond of the spirulina and the sprouted flax seeds in it. The rest of the ingredients are: cashews, dates, agave nectar, almonds, spirulina powder, sprouted flax seed.


Blueberry and Mixed Nuts: Think Thin Crunch Bar – low in sugar is what caught my eye when I saw this product! That speaks my language! :) It has really good flavor, you can really taste the individual ingredients in it, which is nice. I do want to add that when I went to their website, I saw that they do have a No Sugar option. I will definitely have to give those a try!
Sacred Chocolate Mylk – The tiny package had a single 100% organic and 60% cacao chocolate heart. It was very cute, and I thought it had a very smooth and lovely flavor, it was a great treat!
Green Tara Spirulina Energy Bites – I was very excited to try this, I have used Spirulina in the past (in pill form and as an ingredient in protein powder) this had a very earthy flavor, nice and subtle. I really like the ingredients in it: organic bananas, organic sesame seeds, organic coconut, organic dates, and spirulina. 
BEVERAGES
Guayaki Yerba Chai Spice Mate  - Here in Nebraska, any form of a hot beverage is awesome for snowy days like today! The taste was nice and subtle, not one that I am used to, but not bad! I am very glad I got to try it.
OTHER
World Centric Utensils - These utensils are made from TPLA 70% non-GMO PLA and 30% talc (corn starch) I have always wanted to try these, they hold up well and are good on the environment. I will definitely use these the next time I need to use disposable utensils.
*******************************************
I want to add that I was not paid for this review. I was chosen to review this product and share it with my readers. I did not receive monetary compensation for my review, I was however allowed to keep the items that I received to review. These are my personal observations and opinions of the products.
*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...