Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dehydrating Apples


This morning I washed, cored and sliced the bowl of apples to put in the dehydrator. This is my first attempt at doing apples, so I am crossing my fingers and my toes, hoping they come out good and tasty! I decided to go the "o-natural" route and not pre-soak them or coat them with anything. I put them in "naked as a jaybird". I don't mind a little discoloring, so I hope it was a good plan! 8:30 am they went in. Asked my hubby to switch the trays around around lunch time. Hoping when I get home at 3:30 that they will be done. Not sure how long they will take. So I am experimenting with the time also. :)

After 6 Hours of Drying - the majority of them were done (a few that were thicker than the others needed a little extra time. Here are the end results!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...