INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 2/3 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine, trans-fat free, reduced-fat, soft tub, frozen for 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat pastry
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar substitut
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup(s) sour cream, nonfat
- 2 egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) oil, canola
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts, walnuts, coarsely chopped
2. To make the topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugar substitute, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the margarine and using a pastry cutter or your fingers quickly cut or rub in the margarine until coarse crumbs form. Cover and refrigerate.
3. To make the cake, on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil, sift the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, oil, vanilla, and maple extract until well blended. Add the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer on medium speed or a wire whisk, beat until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with half of the topping. Cover evenly with the remaining batter. Sprinkle evenly with the nuts, gently pressing them into the batter. Cover with the remaining topping.